Sunday, January 4, 2009

Crazy Project #3 Billion

Of late I rescurected my old Sony Clie PDA, it's a fun toy to play with but I can't help feeling that it could be much more useful. Right now I'm trying to get it to sync up with Microsoft outlook (yes I did install it onto this machine). But I'm finding unsurprisingly that it doesn't work how it's supposed. So I figure if I'm going to have to fight with this to make it work I might as well make it work in the way that I want it to and the way to accomplish that is fight with linux. Step 1 to that processes being finding a flavor of linux that will play nice with the system. After that it's just a matter of cramming said linux onto device. For all of you avid readers you're probably thinking that this is yet another unrelated project to the millions that I've mentioned before, but in truth this is simply another step in my match toward total linux based computing. Unfortunately it appears that at least for a little while longer I'm going to have keep this computer completely and utterly stable. Thus I must put up with the slow boot on this machine for a while longer.