Thursday, January 22, 2009

Another Day

Well, Today is a fun day-normally on Thursdays I would work and have to get to class by 3:30pm (gasp, so early), but today is different. I don't have class until 5:30 and I'm not working so I can get everything I need to set up for this semester.

Specifically I mean my laptop. In the quest to install Dyknow I had to reinstall windows. I had been planning on this coming up for a while, so most everything was already backed up, which was nice. But I still had to install windows and configure everything and install all the stuff I need for school. I figured that while I was installing windows I might as well set up a dual with Ubuntu, as it really didn't add a ton of time to the process (I already have the latest Ubuntu release on CD). So now my laptop dual boots into Ubuntu and Windows. Ubuntu is my default but as of yet I have been unable to configure anything in Ubuntu, simply because I've had to spend so much time getting Windows up and running.

Oh well, I do have a homework assignment due tomorrow at 5 that I haven't really started yet, which I would have liked to get done today, but I kinda need a working Windows to do that as well, so...
But that will turn out just fine, I'm not terribly worried. While fighting with my computer I was also able to do a good bit of organizing and such around my room so Yay for that. Also I find that my 10 pages a day plan is going very very well, and I have figured out some new fun little things to play on the bass as well.

So far life is definitely good, even if I can't install MATLAB yet because VT needs to work out their liscensing situation. But I have indeed got a lot done today.

3 comments:

momk said...

working hard or hardly working

MnFork said...

The plan is to be hardly working, don't know how that is going to work out though

Anonymous said...

lol You? hardly working? is that even possible??? I think the world would stop turning or a major disaster would occur or something ;) Im glad to see that this semester will be going better for you and that you wont be as stressed out as last semester. I, Your Girlfriend, promise to make you relax, eat plenty of yummy food (even though im not as good a cook as you mom), and watch movies every weekend! lol so there is my pledge to you... xoxo