Thursday, January 22, 2009

Classes

Well, I've been to all my classes except for one lab so here is my take so far

STAT 4714
This is Statistics an d Probability for EE's
Pretty much seems like exactly what the name is. Looks like it'll be fairly easy. Taught by a Chinese Professor.

ECE 3106
Electromagnetic Fields II
This is the second half of a class I took last semester. Going to be playing with electric and magnetic fields that vary with time. Heavily math and physics based; Not going to be a cake walk but not crazy hard either. Very interesting stuff. Taught by the Australian I had for the first half of the class. A lot of friends from the first one are back as well. Could be my favorite this time around

ECE 3004
AC Circuit Analysis
Just what the name says, dealing with Circuits driving by AC signals. Looks like I've already covered a good bit of this material in other classes, this one is just going to go back and fill in holes. Taught by the same guy I had for DC Circuit Analysis. A good number of friends in this one as well. Looks to be very fun so far-going to fill in a lot of stuff that I would like to know

ECE 3204
Analog Electronics
Not really sure where this one is going to go. Apparently is the second level to Electronics I where we learned about Transistors and Diodes. Apparently going to go more in depth on those topics. Taught by a Brit who is very application/real world oriented, very very smart guy-not quite on the same page yet. Could be a little tough at first because I learned Electronics I from a guy that could neither teach nor could he speak English. If I can over come my poor foundation here and sync up with the Professor this one is going to fill in a lot of holes and be very valuable.

ECE 3004
AC Circuits Lab
Here we go again, looks like the slightly better put together version of the terrible DC Circuits lab. If everything goes well should be fun

ECE 3074
Analog Electronics Lab
Haven't been to this one yet, but if it's anything like the lab for Electronics I it should be great. I learned pretty much everything I know from Electronics from a combination of study sessions and that lab.

Well That's all the classes, I'll probably put up more information as the semester goes on.

No comments: