Sunday, July 6, 2008

Late Post

Well, I'm up late learning about interesting things on the internet (chiefly linux and it's compatibly with Virtual PC 2007, and reading tomorrow's Slashdot headlines). But today was one of those days that got off to a late start then really picked up speed. Jen flew out to Colorado today, with a layover in Texas where she had some crazy experiences and decided she doesn't much like Dallas.

Paul has been working hard at creating a IM service through his website, for which I've been the testing helper.

My job on the advancing technologies front has once again been linux related because I like linux so. I'm trying to figure out which distribution works best with Virtual PC and in general. But don't worry I did take the 6 necessary hours out to complete all 3 of my homework questions-the study time that followed that was one hour or less so I didn't really take that into consideration. Although this brings up another reason why I like music so very much-you can listen to music while you do homework, you can't watch a movie and solve RLC circuits using Laplace transforms as easily. Or at least that's how it works for me.

But I also completed my version 1.0 Ledger where I can keep reccords of my expenses and such. In fact pending verification of how much money is reserved for school stuff, I plan on using some of those recently allocated moneys for a project that I've been wanting to do for some time now. I figure it's my money that I've accumulated over time and I'm being sensible, even if it is a little strange, so way not. I mean how many other kids my age have reccords of their expenses and their moneys budgeted into regions that take account not only of entertainment and food, but also bills, investing, and savings. I worked hard sorting all that out.

But my study is complete, Jen is safely in Colorado-she was super tired after travelling all day, Paul is just getting off his night job, and that's all the people I can account for really.

Oh, I'd like to congradulate those of you back on the home front (chiefly Mom, but certainly not forgetting Max, Skip and Spud-NOT Hiccup, no congradulations for him) on all the work that you seem to have completed since I've left. But I have to wonder are you all trying to tell me that everything works better whilst I'm not there?

Well, hopefully I'll get the chance to test my linux choice (Fedora Core 9) tomorrow, as well as study Bode Plots and call home. But forth now, methinks it's time to consider sleep

PS-flac is very impressive although certainly not for those who don't want to hear everything

1 comment:

engineeredmadness said...

Still no love for the Stan? Keeping the world safe and getting stuffs accomplished out west. Hmmm....