Friday, February 20, 2009

Outrage

Normally this blog is not political but in light of resent events I am simply outraged by some of the bills that are rising for consideration. Recently I heard of an Amnesty Bill that would use tax dollars to pay for the lawyers of illegal aliens, put these criminals at the head of the line for citizenship (ahead of those who have been waiting to do the process legally), and other such ridiculous things. Hey, while we, as a country, are encouraging people to break our laws why don't we declare that every Tuesday Murders get free ice cream instead of sending them to jail? Seriously, what are the people writing these laws thinking? Doesn't any one remember that saying "if you give a mouse a cookie." I think it's pretty clear that a lot of law makers especially need to repeat kindergarten so they can learn this and other such valuable lessons.
And then the thing that prompted the writing of this blog is this new "Let's force taxpayers to pay for abortion" movement. I encourage all of the readers of this blog and every other legal US citizen to write their Congressman to let them know what to do on this issue. After all the Congressman works in Washington simply to make the voice of the people heard. This is where you can sign the petition against this Abortion madness. This is my letter to my Congressman:

I have recently become aware of a movement to strip "pro-life" riders from spending bills. Apparently these riders protect people from being forced to pay for abortions here and overseas. This is about freedom of religion. My religion is against abortion. Is the US government going to simply spit in the face of not only my religion but also its own Constitution. I'm sure that I don't have to remind you that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof" Part of exercising my religion is respecting life at all stages of development. Sir, I believe you have a good head and a good heart and I know that you will do what is best I simply want you to know that as a 21 year old college student I have an educated stance on this topic.

1 comment:

momk said...

politically active. good for you.