Sunday, July 12, 2009

Grad School Essay

Well the last thing that I have to do before submitted my application is write a Goal Statement essay. As this moves along I'll be posting...I guess you could call them drafts here and I'm expecting that you all will offer comments upon them.
For now I will post the Guidelines:
Applicants are asked to provide a 3 - 4 page, double-spaced personal statement which includes the following:

* Why do you want to undertake graduate work?
* What do you expect to derive from your program of study?
* If you have a concentration in mind, briefly outline your interests in this area.
* What do you expect to contribute as a student and subsequently as a member of the profession?

2 comments:

momk said...

anything to that stuf.

engineeredmadness said...

i expect to derive equations....

i can contribute lots of jokes....


i will promise not to call the professor a blow hard....


best of luck to you